Sunday, August 8, 2021

More Children Peace

 In April 2021, Elder Andersen said, "When to have a child and how many children to have are private decisions to be made between a husband and wife and the Lord. With faith and prayer, these sacred decisions can be beautiful, revelatory experiences."

This brought an experience to mind.  After having Gabby, I really wanted to have one more child. Alfredo felt done.  I didn't feel done and I felt sad.  I hoped and wished that I would accidentally get pregnant. I can't remember for sure whether I prayed about it, but it seems likely that I did. One day after feeling so sad that it seemed very unlikely that I would have another baby, I had some really clear insights come.  It felt very clear that Heavenly Father was aware of my longings and of my personal situation and granted me peace and a clarity of understanding.  I can't say I never again wished for another child, but I no longer felt like maybe I was ignoring the spirit or that I was making the wrong choice.  I felt like the Lord was pleased with my desires and that my family was how it was meant to be.  That's helped me feel greater peace and be able to enjoy my children without too much time spent wondering if I wasn't fulfilling God's plans for me.


LESSONS LEARNED:  

God is aware of us.  He is in the details of our lives.


The Holy Ghost can help us feel peace when our circumstances are different than we might wish.  He can give us very personalized guidance.





No comments:

Post a Comment