Monday, August 2, 2021

Niagara Falls with Gabby

 It was a Saturday and it’s been 4 years and we aren’t quite over Covid, so that might explain the differences between my visit to Niagara Falls with Gabby and my visit with Ella.  When Ella and I went four years ago, you could buy a pass that got you into the aquarium and discovery center, on Maid of the Mist, and Cave of the Winds.  As far as I could tell, each one had a separate entrance fee this time (and the discovery center is currently closed).  The line for Maid of the Mist was about an hour and a half wait...everyone in the world was there!  So Gabby and I waited in line and then went on Maid of the Mist (a boat that takes you close to the falls.)  It is pretty incredible.  Niagara Falls is huge.  And you get close enough that the spray and wind from the falls is pretty intense.  Gabby absolutely loved it.  She said it was worth every moment of waiting, and even at the end of our trip she said that was probably her very favorite thing.   After going on Maid of the Mist, we walked to a couple of viewpoints to see the falls from other perspectives.  She didn't want to visit the aquarium (and since it was going to be nearly $50 for us to go to the aquarium, I was okay with that), so we spent a few hours at Niagara Falls and then headed back to the hotel for an early night.  We played charades and laughed and talked and just enjoyed each other's company.  I love this tradition of taking each girl on a one-on-one church history trip for their 12th Birthday.  Gabby's trip had to be postponed a year (thank you Covid!) but I'm so glad we had it and maybe the timing turned out to be perfect.















As you can see, we got wet!  And windswept.  There were lots of giggles and I was trying to get photos without destroying my phone.


Maid of the Mist boat















I'm not kidding...the lines were incredibly long.












No comments:

Post a Comment