Monday, October 20, 2008

sleepy bug

3 girls. 1 mom. 2 asleep. 1 playing. This was how most of the last hour was spent. Ella crashed so I put her in Gabrielle's car seat in the stroller and let my little ladybug sleep. I put Gabrielle in my front carrier and after a few minutes she was asleep. Michelle was having too much fun to go home, so I let her run between 3 different bounce houses/slides while I sat on the front of the stroller, held Gabrielle and read. I've said it before, Ella can sleep ANYWHERE.
Well, as I was sitting there reading (and keeping an eye on Michelle off and on) a lady came up and said that it was too funny to see both Ella and Gabrielle sound asleep. She asked if I had my camera and said that I NEEDED a picture of this so that when my kids complained that I never did anything fun with them I could show them this picture and tell them I could have just gone home. She said if I'd give her my camera she would take a picture of all of us on the stroller. So I gave her my camera and she took the first shot. Then she told me that I should go back to reading and she'd take another. Which she did. She laughed and said she thought it was so cute how Ella was curled up in the car seat. I thought it was so funny that she came up and offered to take our pictures. I think it is great when people are so friendly ... I"m a little too reserved/shy to initiate talking to a stranger most of the time. (I had another mom also stop and want to see Gabrielle. She then proceeded to tell me that she was expecting and would find out next week how many babies she was having. I must have looked suprised because she then told me that she'd had two sets of twins. She lost one of the second set of twins. She told me she had four boys and that she was so glad she'd had her girls. Six kids with at least 1 more on the way! Her youngest is turning one tomorrow. Her oldest didn't look older than about 10 or 11. Adorable kids and beautiful lady. But wow! 6 kids!)
Anyway, Ella slept for quite awhile. I read almost 40 pages in my book while she slept and Michelle played and played.

7 comments:

  1. Love it! That is so cute! When Lex was little she could sleep anywhere too. We have pcitures of her on the kitchen table, under the coffee table, in her high chair. I'm thankful for cameras!!!
    What cha readin' by the way? I have recently started the Hunger Games (one that my pal Stephenie Meyer reccommended) I'm really liking it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some amazing sleeper you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I am in between books (gasp!). I finished my book today and didn't get a chance to start a new one yet. I just finished Masquerade which is the sequel to Blue Bloods, a vampire book. Not as good as Twilight but quite good. Twilight has gotten Alfredo into reading so I've been checking out some other vampire books for him. Also, I just read Before I Wake which was good and Whatever You Do, Don't Run which I really liked. I'll have to check out Hunger Games.

    Ella is a great napper, but unfortunately not a great sleeper at night. She's 3 1/2 and still doesn't sleep through the night. Aargh. In fact, some nights she wakes up more often than Gabrielle. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like while you are on break it is endless fun days for you and the girls, glad you are all enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! That is PRICELESS!!!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!! The thing I cannot believe is that she can fit in that car seat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog Jenny. I saw it on Nene's blog.
    How funny that the lady would come up and ask if you had a camera. Cute pictures!
    Have you read The Host by Stephenie Meyer? I enjoyed it ... not as much as the Twilight series, but it was still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evette,

    Of course I don't mind you peeking at my blog! Check it out any time. How are your two cuties?

    I haven't read The Host yet. I've heard such mixed reviews about it. One of these days I'll have to read it just to see for myself what I think.

    ReplyDelete