Wednesday, July 8, 2009

April- June Reads

A Thousand Splendid Suns ...great book, but his books are incredibly sad, need a happy book now

Breakfast with Buddha
Camel Rider by Prue Mason
CrissCross
Encyclopedia of An Ordinary Life
Everlost by Neal Shusterman
Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Impossible by Nancy Werlin
Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata
Ladies Auxiliary by Tova Mirvis
Lockdown by Traci Hunter Abramson
Outliers by Norman Gladwell
Promises to Keep by Dean Hughes
Stolen Promises by Elissa Wall (about polygamy)
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

5 comments:

  1. Love your list!
    - I know what you're saying about A Thousand Splendid Suns. I read that book and cried and cried when I finished it. I can't believe women live like that!
    - The Ladies Auxillary - isn't that book amazing!! It made me wonder what it is like in our church for people that join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Kite Runner and LOVED it, but it was kind of sad. Afterwords, I checked out A Thousand Splendid Suns, but never read it because of the subject matter. I felt like there was no way it was going to be and uplifting book!
    Did it end well? I can read it if I know that it ends happily or at least sort of happily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, it ends well, Brandi. At least mostly happily...not entirely of course. And I actually think I found Kite Runner more disturbing. That book haunts me.

    I just finished a fun book called The Graceling...I looked for books that are recommended if you loved Hunger Games and this was one of them. It was really good. Not quite as good as Hunger Games, but still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i read Graceling. Is that about the girl who lost her mom, then went off to a boarding school in another country?

    ReplyDelete
  5. no, it's about a land with 7 kings and a girl and boy who each are Graced...meaning they have special powers. They have all kinds of adventures.

    ReplyDelete