Sunday, July 12, 2009

ice age

Friday night we headed to the drive in with a bunch of friends from the neighborhood. It was so much fun! I'm so glad Aly organized it, and super happy that 6 families were able to come. We got food (pizza, popcorn and other junk) and ate and talked and took photos before the movie. My kiddos loved the movie... Michelle laughed out loud several times.



Aly and Shannon finally met. They have been blogger buddies for quite some time. We had so much fun. This was Alfredo's first time going to a drive in. (The girls and I have gone a few times with friends, but since Alfredo used to get up for work at 4:30 he has never come with us.) Alfredo enjoyed snapping photos, especially with the sunset in the background.




Notice my girls in dresses? I tried to convince them to wear shorts, but they love to dress up. And I brought pajamas to change them into, but they spilled bubbles on them, and they were soaked. :)

Let's do it again soon! It was so much fun. Even Gabrielle had fun and made friends with Grace. And she fell asleep about 10 minutes into the movie and slept peacefully throughout.

9 comments:

  1. What a cool thing! I don't even think we have drive-ins down here...it doesn't cool down that much at night. What a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun. And I love that your girls wear dresses all the time. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Tell Alfredo that he got some fantastic pictures (with the exception of that horrible one of me).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SO MUCH FUN! I am so glad that you guys came and it was so exciting to meet Shannon! We had a great time too!! We should go again soon for sure!

    Sara, you look fantastic next to me in that picture...if that picture isn't motivating enough for me to lose a few pounds I'm not sure what is:)

    P.S. Jenny, don't worry I am not trying to be a high maintenance friend, it's all good that you posted the picture...the camera can't help it that I have gained a few pounds:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aly needs to shut up and look at the picture of me and feel good about herself! That movie was tons of fun! We'll do it again before summer is out! Your daughters are so cute (I'm sure you get tons of that)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun and we do want to do it again...And Aly and Brooke..neither of you look like you need to lose weight. And besides the picture that Sara is talking about is one that I deleted that really didn't look good because of a funny expression she had on her face, not the one that I posted. Right, Sara?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun night! I love the drive in if it's a movie that you don't feel like you HAVE to see. I think it's hard to hear and not super comfy, BUT it IS very fun!

    Funny about Aly and Shannon finally meeting. I just love my electronic friends! I think that's one of the things I love so much about blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops...that was me signed in as my sister Becky that made the comment before Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how did I miss this post, jenny??? oops! thanks for inviting us - it was GREAT! I just posted a bit about it on my blog too! :) I know.. I'm slow! That last picture of Gabby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete