Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A funfilled, fantastic family visit

As most of you know, my family has been in town for just over a week. We had an excellent time. Here are my top ten favorite memories of the past week. (They aren't really in order... just my favorite things as I think of them.) Photos and additional journaling/blogging to come when I have more time later:

10. Having my niece (who is only one and who I met for the first time this week) climb into my lap or reach out to me to pick her up. She loves her aunt Jenny! (And everyone else too! She is such a sweet, friendly baby!)

9. Watching my nephew play with our crazy dog Chester. My nephew said that Chester is his new best friend. Listening to and watching my niece play with her dinosaurs...she knows more about dinosaurs (by far) than I do!

8. Family dinners with extended family...grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, parents, etc. all in my backyard for a bbq and lots of yummy food. (We had a BBQ with my mom's side of the family on Saturday and had my dad's side of the family that lives here over on Sunday.)

7. Staying up late talking to my sisters and my brother-in-law.

6. Going to the park and watching the kids play with each other.

5. Driving up American Fork Canyon to have a picnic. We were able to visit with my grandparents and great aunt. It was beautiful and peaceful. The kids enjoyed playing in the water and pushing the babies around in the stroller.


4. Having family pictures taken. I can't wait to get the pictures back! I think we'll have some great ones.

3. Attending the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It is so beautiful and the spirit was so strong there. It was so neat for my kids to have the opportunity to go inside the temple and learn more about it. Gabrielle absolutely loved the chandeliers and Michelle and Ella loved the beautiful rooms.

2. Going ice blocking for the first time. It was my first time and the kids' first time! What a great idea Rebecca.

and the NUMBER ONE thing I loved about this past week:Watching my kids play with their cousins (who are their same ages...but we only see every year or two since they live so far away). It was such a great opportunity for them to become better friends. Everyone was so sad to leave/to have them leave. And considering that we had so many people here for the past week, everyone did an amazing job of getting along and we all had so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. SO GLAD YOU HAD FUN!!! :) FAMILY is the GREATEST! THAT's FOR SURE!!! My kids will be excited to play again now that your company has gone... I know they cannot fill the void of the cousins, but good friends are second best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a really wonderful time with your sister. I bet it made you wish that you lived closer to each other! She is such a nice gal and I enjoyed talking to her for the second that I did. What a fabulous week for you!

    ReplyDelete