Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Disney on Ice

On Saturday, November 12, we took the kids to Disney on Ice. We went with friends, Leo and Annette and their kids as well as Justin and Heather and their kids. We met Justin and Heather at the Gateway first and had lunch together. It was a cold, snowy day.
I brought my camera, but when I pulled it out to turn it on, I realized that the last time I used it, I had accidentally left it on and the batteries were completely dead. So alas, no pictures. Alfredo tried to take a few with his cell phone, but they turned out terribly.

The girls loved Disney on Ice. It was the first time we've ever gone. And since we had just been to Disneyland, it seemed especially fun. The girls loved the princesses such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Aladdin. Aladdin was Michelle's favorite. I really liked the Lion King...I liked the costumes and I've always loved the movie The Lion King and really enjoyed seeing the highlights performed by skaters. (Someday I would love to see the Broadway version of The Lion King). I have always loved figure skating...and then to see favorite Disney shoes acted out while skating...such a happy thing. It makes me feel a little like a kid again...in awe and wonder about how talented the performers are and full of hope and happiness.

Ella loved seeing the Incredibles. Gabby's favorite was Peter Pan, specifically Tinker Bell.

Gabby must have been tired, because right after the intermission, she curled up in my arms and fell asleep and missed the whole second half...which is when all the princesses came. But she still enjoyed the first half.

It was so much fun! Thank you Alfredo for organizing this fun outing and for talking friends into going with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment