Monday, March 10, 2014

Awards Assemblies

Beginning this year, Jackson Elementary has had an honor roll assembly each trimester.  Four or five students are chosen to be on honor roll for the trimester.   The first trimester, Gabby was chosen by her teachers because "she is a hard worker."   Two weeks ago, the second trimester assemblies were held.  Ella was chosen for "making great progress in math" and Michelle was chosen for "great improvement in math and language arts".   Unfortunately, the assemblies were held on different days.  I attended Ella's assembly on Wednesday and Alfredo attended Michelle's assembly on Thursday.   We are so pleased that the girls are working so hard.  I know it is not easy to learn everything in two languages, but they are doing well and making great efforts.  They are all well behaved and kind to others and are good citizens.   

Alfredo didn't take any photos at Michelle's assembly, but I took a few at Ella's. 







On that Friday evening, we went out to dinner as a family.  Our plan was to go to Leatherby's.  But I didn't think about how crowded it would be on a Friday night  (like waiting in a line OUTSIDE of Leatherby's in the wind and cold...BUSY).  So, we ended up going next door to eat at Cafe Rio's.  Then we got ice cream from Leatherby's to go.  We took our ice cream home and ate it as we watched a movie.  Super fun night.  So proud of our girls' accomplishments.  (Totally don't know what was going on with my camera.  It was taking really blurry pictures that evening, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get them to not be blurry.  I was worried that maybe I'd damaged it somehow...but the next day it took great pictures! Thank goodness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment