Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Busy day

Saturday was a busy day. Alfredo had to work most of the day. Fortunately, it is rare for him to have to work on a Saturday...only about 3-4 times per year.

Ella had a sleepover at her friend Zoe's on Friday night. She and her friend came to our house at 9 on Saturday morning. Then I drove Ella, Zoe and Gabby to Eli's birthday party in Draper. Michelle had a different party to go to, but we had almost an hour in between. So Michelle and I went to lunch together. We went to Costa Vida and had a nice time talking about school and her friends and other things. Then we went into Justice. Everything was on sale, so we bought Michelle a cute maxi dress. She seems to have grown a lot lately and several of her skirts and dresses are suddenly too short.

Then I drove Michelle to her party at Classic Skating in Sandy. I had an hour to kill before picking the other girls up so I ran a couple of errands. I still had 30 minutes, so I leaned my seat back in the car and read...and fell asleep. :). Good thing someone texted me right when it was time to pick the girls up or I may have slept and slept. ;).

I took Ella, Gabby and Zoe out for ice cream at Cold Stone to celebrate Ella and Gabby being student of the month...and took Zoe home to West Jordan. Then I headed back to Sandy to pick up Michelle.

The girls had so much fun at their parties and the time with me. I needed that. It was a great week, but a very busy one and I had been away from my kids more than I like.

Then that evening, I went to the Saturday session of stake conference. It was a wonderful, spirit filled meeting. Such a great day.

*****
I also want to mention that I was able to go to dinner on Weds. evening with two college roommates. It has been a couple of years since I saw Lori and probably five or so years since I saw Cyndie... We went to a great restaurant called Epic. It was recommended by Lori, and it was wonderful. But even better than the food was the company. I am not as good at keeping in touch with my roommates as I mean to be, but I love them and admire them and feel grateful for their friendship, example and impact on my life. It is nice to have social media, though, because that does help me keep in touch better than I would. I am friends with many of my college roommates on Facebook. Cyndie has a blog that I enjoy reading (and writes a great advice column on Nauvoo Times). Cyndie and I are also friends on Goodreads. I often read books that she enjoyed and vice versa. Cyndie and Lori are both intelligent, hard working, and spiritual women who I love and admire. We had a great discussion about the priesthood and women's roles in relation to the priesthood. Such a wonderful evening. I hope I am able to see them again before too long. I am so blessed to have so many good people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment