Monday, March 17, 2014

Student of the Month Assembly


On Friday, the third graders performed at teh Student of the Month Assembly. Ella and her friends sang songs by the Beatles: Yellow Submarine; Hello, Goodbye; and All You Need is Love. They sang the song "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction. Then they sang the Jackson school song. They did a great job.


I really enjoyed watching Ella sing. I loved seeing her sing and do the motions and smile and enjoy being on stage...because she is shy enough that she doesn't seek the limelight. But being part of a group, she was often animated and clearly knew and enjoyed the songs. The Jackson song brought tears to my eyes. It always does.


Then they announced the Students of the Month for each class. Ella was chosen as Student of the Month for her class. Gabby was chosen for her class.


I am so thankful that I was able to have someone cover my class for 40 minutes so I could attend their Student of the Month Assembly. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment