Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Building Family Unity/Love

As part of my effort to help us all have the spirit on a more consistent basis and to help increase family unity, we started a new tradition.  On Sunday evenings, we each share something we love, admire or appreciate about each family member.  (My silly but sweet children have insisted that we even include the dog and the two fish in this...although frankly, I don't have much to say...I tend to repeat the same thing each week.)   If we (the parents) forget, the children are quick to remind us.  Particularly Gabby.  They are so excited to share what they love about their family members and I see Ella smile a little bigger and sit a little taller when she hears why we love her.  It has been such a simple, but helpful and beneficial, exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment