Friday, November 13, 2020

Service Dirt Floor

 This week we celebrate the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the young women organization.  It's had me thinking about my young women leaders and how they blessed my life.  And about how much I love serving in YW.  

Honestly, I don't remember very many of the lessons or activities we did in Young Women's.  But there are a few I do remember.  I remember one Christmas we adopted a family as a young women's group.  We went shopping and wrapped presents and then for one of our activities we delivered the gifts to a family.  The family lived quite a few miles away...it's possible they were in our stake, but I don't think so.  We brought them a Christmas tree and a stack of gifts.  When we arrived, they were so grateful.  I will never forget going into their living room and seeing that they had a dirt floor.  And no Christmas tree or any decorations.  I suddenly realized how much I had that I took for granted.  I was so grateful to play a small part in making their Christmas a little better and a little brighter!  I had/have so much.  


LESSONS LEARNED:  There's always something to be grateful for! 

Even when we feel like we are poor, there are always those with less than us.

It feels so good to serve others, even if the role we play is tiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment