Friday, November 6, 2020

 It was a really good week.  A truly good week!  One of the best weeks I have had this school year.

Months ago I set a goal to index 150 records by Nov. 15 in celebration of the 150th anniversary of YW.  But I really wasn't sure once school started if that was going to happen.  But I officially met my goal today.  

Also, I am more than halfway through planning through November 18 and that's the farthest I've ever been on a Friday since remote teaching started. And it's a dumb little thing but I figured out how to embed a video on Canvas today. I've gotten to the point where I can do things pretty well on Canvas and on Zoom. Not perfectly but I am so pleased with how much I have learned and accomplished in the past 8 months. I'd still really, really rather be in my classroom with my students but I'm so happy and pleased that teaching is going okay even over Zoom and Canvas.

And I was observed by my principal today and his notes were all positive except one tiny suggestion. And one of my students' parents wrote an op ed piece for the Salt Lake Tribune about how well remote learning is working for their family and how much their daughter is learning. My principal shared the link in faculty meeting and said this family has called him to sing my praises which was embarrassing but also nice. I KNOW remote learning isn't working for all of my students and I know there are still a million things I could do better at.  But it's been a very satisfying day/week and so I am just going to rejoice in that for today.  

LESSONS LEARNED: I can learn to do hard things.

Reaching goals brings satisfaction and joy.

I love teaching even in virtual environments though I definitely don't want this online thing to be permanent.


No comments:

Post a Comment