Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Sunshine Bags Friends

 It just feels like things are hard for so many people right now.  I wish I could take all the sadness and pain away, but I can't.  But I felt prompted to start making little "sunshine" bags...bags with a few small gifts...to women in my ward.  I figured if I could drop something off to 2-3 women in the ward each week, then slowly I could bring a little cheer to each person.  I started last week and it made my day to drop a little bag of gifts off to a couple of people.  But I knew it would take forever for me to hit each person and I wished I could do more.  Then the thought kept coming that I should ask Laurel, Jackie and Sara if they wanted to do the same thing and together we could drop stuff off for way more people.  And they all said yes.  It's made me feel so good to know that between us we will bring cheer to 4-8 people each week.  I hope it will make a difference.  I know it won't solve everyone's problems but I hope it makes people feel loved and feel a bit lighter.


LESSONS LEARNED:  Service brings joy to the giver and receiver.


Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.


Have I Done Anything Good in the World Today?  (If not, I have failed in deed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment