Saturday, November 14, 2020

Slide Show Christ

 As I look back on my days in Young Women, I have some specific memories of girls camp and a couple of activities.  And I knew/know that I had leaders that loved me and they loved the Lord.  But most of the Sunday lessons have not stayed with me.  But I do remember when I was a senior in high school.  For some reason we had our lessons in the kitchen. I think that might have been during the time we had 5 wards meeting in our building and maybe that was the only place for us to meet.  It wasn't the most conducive learning environment though. But I remember one Sunday, our leaders turned off the lights.  They played a slide show of paintings of the Savior with beautiful songs about the Savior.  I remember that the Spirit was so strong.  I remember that I knew the Savior lived and that He loved me.  I think the slide show took the entire class period and our leader (Shelly Estes, I think but it might have been one of the advisors) bore her testimony of the Savior.  It was one of my favorite lessons ever.

LESSON LEARNED:  Music and art can invite the Spirit.  

Testify of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment