Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Scrapper

Every three months, Heartland Paper Company has an all day scrapbooking crop from 10 AM to 10 PM. I've been once before, and I went today. It's a lot of fun and I get a lot done. Today I completed 20 (12 by 12) pages, plus worked on a "year in review/month by month" album. I was hoping to get a little bit more done, but that was still pretty good. Now I'm tired, but also still a little wired and can't sleep. Hopefully, another ten minutes and I'll be able to go to bed.

The All day crop is fun. They serve lunch and dinner plus have snacks and a teacher on hand to help you. And they give away prizes. ...Everyone gets a small prize (they have a basket with a bunch of stuff valued at $3-$5 and you choose what you want.) Then they give away 2 big prizes. And today, surprise, surprise, I was the lucky winner of one of the big prizes. I got a bag that had a t-shirt, an 8 1/2 by 11 album, a train shaped chipboard album, and a package of coordinating products. The total value is about $50 worth of stuff. Pretty cool!

I find it hard to get much scrapbooking done at home. Too many interruptions and other pressing things to do. So I like to go the Friday night crops (6 hours) and the all day crops. I'm much more productive.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, that's a ton of pages done!!! It has been a long time since I have gotten any done...good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Didn't realize Chuck was logged in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! I don't think I've ever done 20 pages in 1 sitting! You rock!
    I must admit, I'm a bit jealous! Scrapbooking is one of my favorite hobbies! (that's why I blog actually...it's like scrapbooking, only you don't have to get out any stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  4. next time I go, you should come with me, brandi. you too aly and anyone else who wants to. it's really a lot of fun! the next all day crop is in september, but my guess is i probably won't be leaving a one month old for 12 hours!! So it will probably be 6 months to a year until I do an all day one again. But I love to go on Friday nights from 6 -12. I usually average 10-12 pages in those 6 hours. Let me know if anyone is interested. It's $12 on Friday from 6 -12 PM and $6 on Saturday from 5-11 PM.

    ReplyDelete