Sunday, June 22, 2008

super marathoner

I just wanted to say how proud I am of my sister Suzy. She completed her marathon in Alaska yesterday. She took about 3 hours 40 minutes to complete it. (I'm quite sure a marathon would take me about 15 hours...even if I weren't pregnant...and that's if I could actually complete it... I'm not confident I could.) She placed ninth in her age category and 34th out of all the women. Quite good for her first marathon.

In addition, she raised $5,800 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! Way to go Suzy! My sister is amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's great -- and she made really good time! Jill's got me thinking about trying this someday--but the thought still makes me nauseous. You'll have to fill me in on all her post marathon horror stories (puking, not being able to move for a week...) so I can get another person's perspective. Susan Vincent told me how Steve is after a marathon and I'm leaning AWAY from trying it, although I'm still scared enough that it might be a good one time accomplishment...I'm so undecided!

    ReplyDelete