Tuesday, June 10, 2008

TTA--Favorite sounds

Hmm... this one seems a little harder. What sounds do I love?

I love hearing my children talk (almost all of the time). It is amazing how their language skills evolve from just crying to babbling to single words to short phrases to complex sentences with often crazy, silly or interesting things to say. Side note: Ella has a regular talking voice and a "make believe/pretend" voice. When ever she is pretending, she shifts into this higher pitched voice as if she is the mom. It's too cute.

I love hearing waves lapping or crashing on the beach. (Since the beach has been featured in both of these Tuesday Tell Alls so far, you might think I visit the beach often. In fact, I have been to the beach less than a dozen times in my life, and yet I love it and wish I could go there more.)

Music. ... I find some classical music very soothing and calming, although I don't listen to it much. I mostly love/relate to/listen to country music. Not all country music, but most of what I listen to is country. Often it seems to have lyrics that I can relate to.

When Michelle was a toddler, I loved to listen to Michelle's cry. I hated that she was crying, but she had the best cry I've ever heard. She would totally trill her r's as she cried. In a big group of kids, I always knew whether it was Michelle crying or not, because no one cried like her. She has her daddy's spanish blood. She doesn't cry like that anymore, and I'm not sure if I ever captured it on video, but I hope I did. It was priceless.

I love to hear Ella say "Mama." She has never really called me Mommy, but always "mama". There is something so amazing about the way she says that one word... not just that she's talking to me, although of course that is a big part of it, but there's something so sweet about it.

I'm sure more will come to me later, but for now, these are my favorite sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment