Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Birthday Blessings

 Today I turned 45.  My heart is full.  I am so blessed and surrounded by so many wonderful people.

I received so many beautiful messages and multiple gifts.  I seriously have the best people in my life.  I don't know WHY I am so incredibly blessed, because I know that not everyone has all that I have.  (That doesn't mean that life is always easy and certainly doesn't mean that everything is perfect.  And yet life is beautiful!!)


Here are a few of the things I want to remember from today:

My students showered me with gifts.  One family had flowers delivered to me at school.  I got cards, a small owl shaped cake, a gift card, lots of chocolates, an owl keychain, an owl necklace, and many other gifts.



Alfredo bought me beautiful roses, brought home Indian food and gave me an apple watch.



Last night Sara, Jackie and I got together to celebrate and ate molten lava cake and enjoyed visiting for a couple of hours.

Julie gave me this most beautiful sign:


Aly gave me a beautiful journal with the temple on it and La gave me a model of a temple that lights up.  Sara gave me pancake mix and syrup for waffle Wednesday.  Michelle made me the most touching book with quotes and scriptures about motherhood and how I fulfill those rolls for her.

I got so many messages on Facebook.  Here are a few that especially touched me:

Veronica Clark wrote:  "Jenny!! Happiest of birthdays to you! You’re such a light to literally everyone you come in contact with! You have encouraged, uplifted, and inspired me so many times! May this upcoming year bring you more blessings! May you continue to shine your light!

Best wishes
! I love you!!"

Sharon Goulding wrote: "Happy birthday my dear friend. I hope your year is filled with all things to bring happiness, joy and love."

Caryl Brown--who I worked with for one year--wrote: "Happy Birthday Jenny! I always feel inspired by you and so today I hope you can take a moment and feel the love coming back!"

DeeAnn Crosby wrote: "Happy Birthday Jenny. You a one special lady. So glad I get to know you."

Cherish wrote:  "Jenny, you are one of the truest and most beautiful people I have ever known. You are such a light and example to me. I hope that your birthday today is great! Love you!!!"

Catherine Taylor wrote: "Happy Birthday! I hope the day is as radiant and kind as you are!"

My sister Suzy wrote:  "Happy birthday! You are amazing and have always been a wonderful example for me to follow. Love you!"

Noemi wrote: "Congratulations
Jennifer
that this day is full of joy and many surprises for you. God bless you enormously. They are my best wishes. I love you a lot. A big hug.
🎊🎁🎂 congratulations"


Jackie wrote: "Happy birthday to one of my very favorite peeps. Love you, Jenny. So much."

Sonja Tincher wrote: "Happy Birthday, Jenny! You are such a wonderful person and friend! I hope you have a fabulous day and coming year!
❤️❤️❤️"

April Pettley texted me and said, "Happy happy birthday Jenny! Thank you for being such a sweet example of what a neighbor and friend can be! I hope you have a most wonderful day!"

Several of my young women texted me to wish me a happy birthday. I especially loved Gracie's message: "hey jenny! happy birthday! i just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate and love you! I am so thankful that you are my young women's president because you have taught me so much.I really, really am so blessed to know you! you are one of the best people I know! have a great day! 30 looks good on you." (winky face)

President Brandon Carlson texted me: "Happy birthday Jenny! I hope that your day has been and will continue to be fabulous. Thanks for your friendship, example, and for loving my family!"

Michelle and Ella both made really sweet and thoughtful posts on Instagram. I am so blessed to have so many thoughtful, kind friends.


I am the luckiest girl there is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment