Thursday, February 4, 2021

Jenny Skip School

 When I was in junior high, there was a lot of peer pressure.  Like insane amounts.  I probably should write another whole post about that.  

At one point, some friends encouraged me to skip class.  I don't remember why or what they said, but they talked me into it and I said I would the next day.  At the end of the day we had a study hall where we could do homework or read a book.  It was shorter than a regular period, maybe 30 minutes?   I decided to skip that.  I was scared to go anywhere or do anything...and my grandma picked me up after school because we lived at their house and it was too far away to walk.   So I just went into the girls' bathroom and hung out in a stall.  I felt so nervous that I was going to get in trouble.  I felt so worried all that evening that my mom would get a phone call that I wasn't in study hall.  It was an absolutely miserable experience.  I decided then and there to never repeat the experience and basically never did.  (I did take one class in college that I regularly skipped because it was taught by grad students and they literally just read to us from the textbook...so I just read the textbook and skipped class. And I think I occasionally missed other classes in college and I, of course, missed days throughout school when I was sick.)


LESSONS LEARNED:  Be where you are supposed to be.

Poor choices often lead to feelings of worry, guilt, and disappointment in yourself.  They are rarely worth it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment