Monday, February 22, 2021

Daily Scripture Text

Several/many of my Young Women are struggling or at least not participating.  At least half almost never participate in a lesson or activity.  I'm concerned for them and it is a big focus in nearly all of my prayers.  I've received some inspiration and guidance, but mostly I just keep being told to love them.  No matter what.  To just keep showing love and make it clear that I love them no matter whether they choose to follow the gospel or not.  

One young woman has especially been on my mind.  I feel like if they would each read the scriptures every day, pray sincerely, participate in church meetings and spend a bit of quiet time each day reflecting, then their testimonies would grow and they'd be in a much better spot.  But that's something they have to choose to do.  Last week the thought kept coming that one YW needs to think about scripture each day but is unlikely to do it on her own.  So I told her that I'm going to send her one verse I love each day.  I hope she will read the verse and think about it throughout the day.  I told her she can share her thoughts with me or ask me question if she wants to but she doesn't have to.  She thanked me after the first one.  She hasn't said anything since so I will just keep sending them until she tells me not to.  Hopefully she will read them and think about them and at least some of them will be meaningful to her.  Maybe over time it will make a difference.  If nothing else, hopefully she knows that I LOVE the scriptures and especially that I LOVE her.  

Lessons Learned:
Act on promptings.
(In Sunday School yesterday, Erik Memmott said that promptings are personalized commandments given just to you.  I like that.)
There is power in the word, power to change hearts...if we will read and ponder and study the words of Christ.  They can tell us all things that we should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment