Sunday, June 29, 2008

cooking

I don't really love to cook anyway. But lately, I detest it. I can't stand how hot it is in the kitchen in the late afternoon. Nothing sounds good to me lately. I've been meaning to cook another 20 or more meals to freeze (as I'm down to about 5) but I haven't worked up the energy to do it. Plus, I feel like we eat the same things over and over. Do any of you have some good easy recipes? Recipes for the crock pot or that don't require too much time cooking? I need some new ideas. Post them here or email them to me.

Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually thinking I need to do up some freezer meals this next weekend. It's so hot lately I just don't want to do any cooking--so we've been eating out--alot. I think one day of complete misery might be ok if it gets me back to being disciplined on not wasting all our extra money. I know you're asking for other options, but if you want to do a group cooking session we could set that up for Sat or Monday. Maybe with only having to do 1/2 the meals it won't be as bad (you know, double the quantity we each do. You do 1/2 meals and I do the other 1/2 meals--does that even make sense?) No pressure--I think I'm going to have to do freezer meals regardless of if you want to team up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would probably work for me. i;'ve been wanting to do some frozen meals. let me check with alfredo, but i think monday would probably be good for me. i'm glad i'm not the only one that has been eating out too often. i know it's been too much when alfredo points it out. :)

    i'd still love it if anyone has some good recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck likes to do frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot with a small bottle of bbq sauce and a can of coke, serve over rice!!! It is really good and VERY easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say that you shred the chicken apart once it is tender.

    ReplyDelete