Saturday, March 28, 2009

how did we live before the internet?

Seriously, what did any of us do before Google and the internet? It is 4 PM and I just figured out to cook for dinner...and I realized after I started that I'm one ingredient short (Lipton dry onion soup mix)... I don't want to go to the store, so what do I do? Google it and find a recipe for it. I have the 3 items on hand, so my problem is solved.

Want to find ways to make practicing sight words with Michelle fun? I google it and find tons. Need to know what "fast mapping" is? Google it...and then get more info from my friend Shannon who is a speech language pathologist. Have some ravioli that I want to cook in a new and different way. Look for some recipes online. Don't know the meaning of a word and can't find my dictionary (or the word starts with r and for some crazy reason my dictionary doesn't have the whole r section!), look the word up online. Seriously, how did we live before this amazing invention? And these are the more trivial things. Using the internet, I keep in contact with friends and family all over the globe. I store and share photos. I blog and record these silly musings, memories and moments in time. What an amazing invention this is! Well, I better get back to that dinner I'm cooking.... Enjoy your time on the internet.

8 comments:

  1. I've been asking myself this SAME question for MONTHS!! It's funny that you have recently looked for sight words to work with Michelle! ME TOO! In fact... I have a blogpost that I was just getting ready to write about just THAT... tomorrow or the next day or maybe even NEVER - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I have no idea how we survived before google! I've asked Jason that many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. michelle's teacher gave her 100 sight words to learn. she is supposed to practice every day. (we don't...but at least 3 or 4 times a week and she already knows half of them.) i needed to figure out a way to make it fun. found a few ideas. but please tell me about what you found! i don't know how we lived before google and the internet!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I totally love the internet. I think Walter thought I was crazy for a while, because whenever we had any questions, I would say, "Look it up on the internet."

    It is so amazing! The internet "knows" everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! My daughter was shocked that I didn't even have a computer in our house when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's SO true! All weekend long I was without mine, and I seriously felt like I was missing a limb! I tried to do some stuff on the Wii, but it's just not the same. And it takes way too long to comment or write anything with it!
    My fave things are:
    all recipes, rotten tomatoes and of course Blogger and facebook! Thank goodness for internet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely pick up any of my cookbooks anymore...it's ALL on the INTERNET!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dictionary doesn't have an R section?

    ReplyDelete