Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School Photos


With 3 kids in school, and this being Gabby's first year...and with all the changes made to Jackson over the summer, I went a little crazy taking photos on the first day (technically Gabby's second day but her first day without parents and her first full day.)



Gabby had a rough morning. She cried in the car on the way...her socks didn't feel good. Her shoes didn't feel good. She was nervous. Then she calmed down and happily took photos. Her sisters left to go line up but there was still almost 10 minutes until the bell rang. So Gabby played and played and asked me to snap pictures. I happily obliged her, even though part of me was anxious to get to my own school for my first day.

But then it was time to line up and go inside with her teacher. She got scared and began to cry. She begged to go to my school with me. She grabbed onto my leg and wouldn't let go. I needed to leave and she needed to go in... So I peeled her off my leg and handed her over to her teacher. I prayed for all of my children, but especially Gabby, as I drove to my own school. Thankfully, they all had a good first day. And thankfully, Michelle is a good big sister. After school they had to go to Northwest Community Center since their after school program doesn't start until this Wednesday. Gabby was terrified because she'd never gone before. So Michelle went to the kindergarten class with her and stayed with her until I got there to pick them up. But other than that, Gabby loved her first day. So did Ella. Michelle liked it too. Let's hope the rest of the year goes as well or better. Sure do love these beautiful girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment