Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Letter to Mirielle as you begin 3rd Grade

My dear Mirielle,

How did you get so big? Third grade! One of my favorite grades. I am so excited for you...we've heard great things about your teacher, Mr. Gosain, and you loved your first day. I feel certain it is going to be a great year.


Sweet Ella. You are so tender hearted. You love and feel deeply. That is such a strength and a challenge. I feel confident that as you learn to use these deep emotions in constructive ways, you will touch many lives. You will develop deep empathy and compassion for others. You are already well on your way to doing so.

You are turning into such a great girl. You are a wonderful reader. You have a great desire to do what is right. You love young children and babies. In many ways, you remind me of me. You are definitely my daughter. :) Some times we butt heads, but I always love you and I always want what is best for you. I am not a perfect parent, but my love for you is infinite.

This summer, you have enjoyed playing with friends. You have loved playing Minecraft. You've spent time practicing piano, and your piano playing is improving. This school year you are hoping to learn a lot of science. I hope you will learn to love reading as much as I do. I hope you will continue to practice piano and become more skilled at piano. I hope you will continue to have a desire to live the gospel and share your testimony with others. You often ask if you can teach or help teach Family Home Evening. You help me to be more consistent at family prayers and family home evenings. Thank you.

I like this quote: "A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future." ~Author Unknown
You have brought me happy memories, you do bring me many joyful moments, and I know your future is bright. In fact, when I see the goodness of your sisters and you, I feel confident the future of the world is bright. I love you so very much!

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment