Monday, August 5, 2013

Twelve Years

Saturday, Alfredo and I celebrated our twelfth anniversary. How grateful I am for all he does for our family!

When my family came to visit from AZ and Canada, our swamp cooler broke. The day before they arrived. So he got on KSL, found a used swamp cooler to purchase and the next day after work, he and two friends/neighbors installed the new swamp cooler. It took them about 4 1/2 hours...after working an 8 1/2 hour day. But oh, how thankful we've been to have a new, bigger swamp cooler.

We've done a lot of home improvement projects in the past 11 years. We've knocked out a kitchen wall. Replaced flooring in the kitchen, living room, hall and bathroom. Repainted every room but two. (The living room has been painted twice.) We've planted flowers. We've remodeled the bathroom. Rebuilt the deck. Reshingled the roof. And really, when I say we, I really mean he. I ocassionally help by holding a tool or some other equally simple task. But he's done it all, sometimes with help. But our home is much more beautiful and comfortable because of his work on the house and yard.

Saturday we got friends to care for the girls most of the day. We went to lunch at Red Lobster. Then we went shopping at the Traverse Mountain outlets. I'm usually not a big shopper, but I found some school clothes for the girls and some shirts for myself at great prices. Alfredo also found several things he liked. It was fun to shop when we were alone and not in a hurry.

That evening we went to dinner at the New Yorker. I had this papparadelle pasta with lobster that was delicious! So good. Alfredo had sock-eye salmon. It had a sauce that was heavenly. The New Yorker was very nice. Then we wandered around downtown for awhile and then watched a movie. It was wonderful to spend the day just the two of us, talking and laughing and reflecting on the past twelve years.


No comments:

Post a Comment