Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Brace Face & Metal Mouth

My girls have braces!   Michelle got braces on July 6.  She will have them for 18 months.  The first couple of days were uncomfortable and took some getting used to but she has been a pretty good sport.  I think she looks so cute with braces.   (And I really won't go around calling either of the girls Brace Face or Metal Mouth.)



Ella's teeth need more work.   She will have braces for 2 years and will have a pendulum attachment which will help move her molars so there is space for other teeth to come in.  I think it's going to be harder on her because her teeth do need more work.  But she is grateful that her teeth will look better when it is over.  And so far, she has been a great sport and has hardly complained at all.  She gets fitted for the pendulum attachment in a couple of weeks so we'll see how she does once she has that. But I'm proud of her.

Right before she got the braces on...waiting at the orthodontist's office.




I am pleased and impressed with their orthodontist so far.  We got a recommendation from our friends, the Hardings.  We are going to their orthodontist, Douglas Anderson.  Everyone in the office has been great so far.  I think that while having braces isn't fun, it will be a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment