Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Fourth of July 2016

Michelle and I were invited to join Laurel and Stefanie on an 8 mile walk on the 4th of July at 5 AM.  Both of us agreed to go.  Michelle got blisters and her feet hurt so she barely finished but it was a nice walk for me.  I enjoyed visiting with Laurel and Stefanie for the first 5 or 6 miles (after that Michelle and I slowed down since her feet were hurting).  As we finished, we stopped to walk around The Wall that Heals.  It is a mobile re-creation of the Vietnam War Memorial (much smaller) that was at Centennial Park for about 5 days right around the 4th of July.  Michelle was pretty focused on her feet hurting and being tired, but I really loved reading the displays and walking along the wall.  It was a great way to start my day.  I am so thankful for the freedoms I enjoy and the many men and women who have sacrificed so much so I can enjoy these freedoms.





After we got home and had breakfast, we all headed outside to do some yard work.  Alfredo had purchased 3 dogwood trees to plant in our front yard...one for each girl.  They each helped him dig the hole for their tree and they named their trees. 








We just relaxed around the house most of the day, did a tiny bit of shopping at Target and then Michelle, Gabby and I drove to Magna to watch the fireworks there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment