Friday, July 15, 2016

My Girls

I love the lyrics to the song "Beautiful for Me" by Mercy River.  (I like A LOT of Mercy River's songs.)  Here's just one verse and the chorus. 
 
If it’s true beauty lies in the eye of the beholder
I want my life and what’s inside to give Him something to behold
I want a heart that’s captivating
I wanna hear my Father saying…
Has anybody told you you’re beautiful?
You might agree if you could see what I see, oh
‘Cuz everything about you is incredible
You should have seen me smile the day that I made you
Beautiful for me
 


I sure think these girls of mine are beautiful.  But more important than physical beauty is the beauty within that I think the song is speaking of.  These girls are talented and funny and smart.  Most of the time they are kind and helpful.  They aren't perfect, but I know they are beloved daughters of God with great potential. I hope that I am helping them to see and know that they have a divine nature and that they are so very loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment