Monday, October 26, 2020

Food Storage Organization

 I am not very organized.  And my food storage has been something I have worked on in fits and starts but never with a very good plan or organization in place.  But after October conference, I knew I needed to begin and be more organized and more diligent. 


SO I created a document with everything I currently have in food storage and inventoried it all. I threw away anything old and counted how much of each item I have.  Then every time I go to the store, I update the inventory. And every time I use anything from the food storage, I mark that down so I know what we're going through in a month.  I recognize it's only been 3 weeks...but first, I am impressed with the fact that I got a system set up and inventoried everything I have.


And so far, I have been completely consistent.  Every time I use something from food storage I mark it down.  Every time I have been grocery shopping, I have bought items to add to my food storage and I've marked them on my inventory.  Obviously I haven't made a huge difference in just three weeks. But I have started and I feel a sense of accomplishment and a sense of gratitude that the Lord is blessing my efforts.  Because I know that I'm NOT good at staying organized like this.  And yet--I think because I feel a sense of urgency but also because the Lord is magnifying my efforts, I'm doing better than I thought I would and it really does feel manageable.  And I know there will be blessings from being obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment