Thursday, October 1, 2020

Casey Flowers Delivery

 One of the teachers at Parkview is out on maternity leave.  For the first two months of the year.  And we are fully remote.  And teaching remotely is tough!   Ensign has this really incredible sub named Casey Trawick.  We love her.  She is currently teaching for the first grade teacher on maternity leave.  And it's hard.  And I don't know the exact situation but this year the second grade teachers and third grade teachers are on the same team.  As we were talking about some of the challenges, one of the 2nd grade teachers said that at least parents are being really supportive and that she feels terrible for Casey.  They didn't really go into details but it sounds like parents are not being kind or helpful.  Which is so unfair.  I'm sure there have been technical difficulties...because we've all had them.  And I'm sure it has been a bit of a rough start to the year but Casey is absolutely wonderful!

So I suggested that maybe we get flowers for her.  Kristin looked at ordering them and having them delivered, but delivery was going to be ridiculously pricy.  And I only live about 10 minutes away from her.  So I said I could get flowers and some treats and then deliver them to her.




So I did that today.  A bit later, Casey texted all of us with this message:  "I am sending each of you a gigantic hug and kiss on the cheek.  You are a blessing and an answer to my prayers today.  Thank you with all my heart....I am overwhelmed and honored!!!"  She also said, "I am seriously blessed with the greatest friends!  Thank you so much-this was the sweetest, most pleasant surprise.  Edward was blown away that I have friends who would be so kind.  My mom and Guy (her husband) were amazed too."  She also sent a personal text to me to thank me for driving out to her house.  I'm actually not sure how she knew it was me, because she wasn't home and I just left everything with her son.  Two types of flowers (orchids and mums), a fall mug, a fall candle, hot chocolate and two bags of chocolates.


I'm glad that I had the thought to send her flowers and glad that together we acted on that thought.  I think it made my day as much as it made hers.


LESSONS LEARNED:  Never suppress a generous thought. --Camilla Kimball

Service brings joy to the giver and receiver.

Even small things can make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment