Sunday, October 25, 2020

Gardiner God Cares

 Christie Gardiner, an LDS author I follow, shared this story on Instagram today.  I love it so much!!


Here's what she wrote:

"God loves you. He is aware of you specifically. He cares about what you care about. He sends earthly and heavenly angels to minister to us.

....Today is about a miracle. And Jesus. And HEARING GOD. I cannot separate myself like oil and water from my spirituality. I’ve tried but it doesn’t work. My Heavenly Mother, Father, Savior and Holy Spirit are in everything I am.

Before I go on, let me say that this story is about a community theatre play.  I know it's just a play.  We've all lost a lot in 2020 so to talk about the potential loss of a role in a show might seem silly at first.  Believe me, the blows of my 2020 have been much bigger than this play (as they have for everyone) but for some reason  I've handled the big stuff with a lot more grace (which isn't saying much because really, how graceful can one be whilst eating their feelings in their bed for months on end?)  

 few weeks back, the show I’m in was two days away from opening when a castmate’s wife tested positive for the coronavirus and the show faced yet another uncertain future. After being cast on January 11th in a role I’ve wanted for over six years, having paused production for Corona numerous times and being two tiny days away from finally opening, I felt deflated. It seemed more than my 2020-torn-to-pieces heart could handle. In a moment of emotional desperation I asked a few of my castmates this question: “Do you think God cares specifically about this show?”

One of them replied, “I think God cares about you keeping your covenants. Outside of that, I’m not really sure.”

“You and me both.” I thought.

It took a couple weeks but a two-day miracle helped me know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment