Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Gift Gratitude Sadness

 I recently purchased a gift for someone and it was clear they didn't like or appreciate the gift.  It made me feel pretty sad.  I'd tried to buy something the person would like and it hurt that they were so unappreciative.  And then I began to think about how often the Savior and Heavenly Father give me gifts.  Probably significantly more often than I even realize.  I imagine that I'm far too much like the nine lepers that were healed by the Savior but didn't stop to express gratitude for the healing they received.  I am certain that I receive blessings that I don't even recognize.  And I receive blessings that I recognize but don't take the time to give thanks for.  I can do better and I'm going to try.

D&C 59:21 warns:  "And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments."

LESSONS LEARNED:  Take time to express gratitude for gifts, especially the gifts given by my loving Father in Heaven and my Savior.

Notice the blessings I receive. 

Gratitude brings joy to the giver and receiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment