Saturday, October 10, 2020

Sara Darkness Clearly

 Yesterday I went walking with Sara and Beth.   We left about 6:45 and so it was still dark.  As we were walking down the canal road, Sara pointed out the silhouettes of the trees. They looked completely black.  And yet, she said...when you get close enough...or when the light comes up...they are actually filled with autumn colors...greens, oranges, yellows, reds, pinks.  And in  a few minutes when the sun rose, you could see that these trees that had appeared black just minutes before were actually quite vibrant and beautiful.


I have been thinking about that since.  I thought about it as I walked with Beth this morning.  This world can be quite dark.  It can feel menacing and sad at times.  I wonder how often we don't see things as they really are?  How often do we misunderstand or become confused or frightened because we haven't allowed enough Light into our lives to help us see clearly?  I suspect it is far more often than we think.  What is it that I currently don't see clearly because I am not inviting the Light of the World into my life enough to see?  How can I better invite Him in?


LESSONS LEARNED:  Things aren't always as they appear.

We must have the Light of the World in our daily lives to see things clearly.

Maybe we shouldn't always trust our observations or thoughts because sometimes they may be clouded by darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment