Sunday, April 13, 2008

haircut

I have thought on and off about cutting my hair for 2 or 3 months now. Thursday I decided I was sick of it and went to get it cut. I tend to do this from time to time, so it's not that unusual. About 3/4 of the time I love my new cut and the rest of the time, not so much. I'm not sure about this one yet.
Here are two pics of it on Thursday when the stylist did it.
(That means it will probably never look quite like this again. ... I'm not
that great at doing hair. Plus my hair has all this weird wave that makes it
quite unpredictable.)


Here's a pic of my hair today... and the rest of me, including my tummy. I'm 24 weeks along now. It's funny because in the past week I've had lots of people make comments about my expanding belly. It seems like one day someone will say, "Wow, you're getting big already." and the very next day someone will say I look great and I'm still so small. I know some of it does depend on what I wear, and a lot depends on my posture. But it's funny that people feel so free to express their opinions about everything when you're pregnant. Not that I mind. Just makes me laugh. As for me, I feel pretty good. I feel my little one moving a lot now. I've only gained about 5 pounds so far, which isn't much. But I think I'll gain steadily the rest of my pregnancy and still gain about 25 by the time I"m done. At least that's how it went with Ella (although I'd gained a little more by this point.) With Michelle, I started gaining on probaby day one and gained steadily the whole time, adding 40 pounds by the time I was through. But with Michelle, I was young and teeny and I was hungry all the time from the day I found out I was pregnant.

The girls are so cute. They tell everyone about the baby now. (A couple weeks ago, they were playing on the equipment at Artic Circle and they told the lady that was cleaning up the play area. :)) They love to kiss my tummy and talk to the baby. It's very sweet.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new haircut...and 25 lbs sounds wonderful!! All 3 times I ended up about 70 lbs over weight...it's really pretty gross!! Good job on a healthy weight gain...you do look really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your haircut too. I actually like the way you did it today better than the pictures of the stylist's work. I sat behind you in Sunday school today & was it then. I hacked mine up pretty good the last time I cut it and am suffering the consequences. I was actually looking at your cut & wondering if something like that might work to get rid of this shaggy cut I'm not loving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new doo! Very fun and flirty!
    So sweet about the girls talking to the baby! Don't you just love being pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete