Monday, April 28, 2008

tuesday tell all... favorite places



Tomorrow is Ella's birthday so I know I won't have time to post. But I liked this week's Tuesday tell all.





Tell us about your favorites close to home.


Favorite Place To:

  • grab lunch As a teacher with a 30 minute lunch, I don't ever "grab lunch". I do like Caputo's Deli in downtown Salt Lake but have only been there 2x. When I'm off work, I tend to take my kids to Carl's Jr.
  • go for Date night We like Red Lobster and Chilis. We usually have dinner or see a movie at Jordan Landing.
  • pick up some creative goodies I really don't shop for creative goodies...
  • keep the kids busy Hogle Zoo (we have a membership), Discovery Gateway (we used to have a membership), Jungle Jim's, playlands at Carl's Jr./McDonalds
  • get wet Janene's swimming pool
  • buy a treat Cold Stone Creamery, Arctic Circle
  • shop for fun For me, I like to go to scrapbook stores. For the kids, I always seem to find great deals at Sears.
  • get some fresh air hmm... my front/backyard... I used to love to drive up into the canyons, but I feel too busy to do that much these days. Sad, I know.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like we had better take a trip to the zoo together!! We have a pass also!! I think that ours expires the end of May, we usually renew it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those zoo passes are totally worth it! We love that too. I especially love that when you go in the early spring or late fall there is no one else there and that makes keeping track of the kids a non-issue.

    We haven't tried the discovery Gateway. Is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine expires at the end of may as well! :)we should all take a trip in a few weeks when school is over.

    discovery gateway is pretty costly. It is $8.50 per person, I think. But an annual pass is just over a $100. We thought it was worth it, because the girls loved it. (Four trips pretty much pays for the annual pass.) Plus, it gave us big discounts to children's museums we visited in Chicago and Phoenix. The bottom floor is mostly stuff that preschool age kids would like. The second floor had a lot more stuff for older kids. One good thing is that you can go once and then if you decide to buy a membership (I think within 30 days) you can show them your receipt and they'll count the original purchase toward the membership. Or at least a year ago they did. Our membership has expired, and I haven't gotten around to renewing it, so I can't guarantee that is still true.

    ReplyDelete