Tuesday, April 29, 2008

our birthday girl

Our sweet Mirielle Ilana is now three!! Here is Ella blowing out the candle on
her birthday cake!

The clown from the cake was covered in green frosting which Ella happily ate.

Her shirt is brand new. Alfredo bought her and Ella each an outfit today.


Alfredo was so sweet. He took the day off to be home with the girls on Ella's birthday. He took them to Jungle Jim's and then to lunch at McDonalds. Then they went shopping at Ross. He also bought a small ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins for us to eat after I got home from work. It was totally his idea to take the day off and make it a fun day for the girls. There was no way I could take the day off, because we are in the midst of CRT testing.

This photo is of the girls at Jungle Jim's.

Look how happy she looks! This is a common expression we see on her face.

They sure love each other.

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet daddy!! I love that our husbands can balance us out when it comes to parenting!! It's so nice to have such good dad's for our kids!! It looks like they had a blast!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know today was her real birthday! I would have given her a big b-day hug! That was very sweet of Alfredo. Mike would never think of anything like that all by himself. He always needs a little push! Can't wait to celebrate with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ella! I'm impressed with Alfredo too. What a cool dad! It looks like they had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Alfredo!!!! I think it is wonderful that today's generation of Dad's are being active parents. That is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was way impressed when Alfredo told me about a week ago that he'd taken both girls' birthdays off so that he could do fun things with them. I guess someone at his work has a tradition to take their kids' birthdays off and he decided he wanted to do that. He and Michelle are already discussing what they'll do on her birthday in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ella, I can't believe you're three! You are so much a part of my family and I miss you so much when you're not here helping me do makeup or brush my hair. You always tell me how much you like my shoes, shirts, and so on. When I first started watching you I think you were around five months old. You're now THREE! What am I going to do when I don't have "my girls" anymore? I'm already super sad that I won't have Michelly Belly. Keep me extra good company, okay Ella bo Bella? I love you!

    ReplyDelete