Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tuesday tell all

So I saw on Suzanne Graham's blog a Tuesday tell all and checked out www.tuesdaytellall.blogspot.com and saw that each week they post a topic for you to respond to. So, mainly for my own self, I thought I'd try some of these out. Obviously, it's already Wednesday, but Tuesdays are busy for me and I'm just now getting to it. Plus I have no pictures to post because I turned on my camera to take a couple and the battery was completely dead. I mean COMPLETELY.

This week's topic is to tell about some special homemade/handmade items you have. I'm not much into sewing or cross-stitch or anything, so I don't have a lot that I've done. I have 2 shelves full of scrapbooks, but that's it as for what I have created.

But my mom has sewn both of my girls' blessing dresses. They are both beautiful. When my camera is working again (and I have a few spare seconds), I"ll snap pictures.

I'm cheating on my other two items. They aren't really handmade by anyone I know. One is a beautiful painting I bought in Korea. My good friend from high school, Charity, worked as a teacher for Network of International Christian Schools in Korea for four years (or perhaps five?) and now works for them in Indonesia. Nine years ago, I was able to visit her for a week in Korea. I went into a little shop and this man was painting some amazing paintings, and I purchased one. I think it is beautiful. I met the painter very briefly, so I am counting it as handmade but mainly because it's one of my favorite things.

The last item is a quilt purchased for me in Indonesia by Charity when Michelle was born. It has a little tag that tells who it was handmade by, but again, it only sort of counts because I don't know the person who made it.

I have several baby quilts made by family and friends as well. But the one from Indonesia is especially beautiful and interesting.

So there's my first "Tuesday tell all."

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to vote for more! I love Gabrielle and Isabelle. You could name her Toad and she'd still be adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.thinkbabynames.com/ending/0/elle

    Baby names ending in elle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for Isabelle...all the names are cute, 'tho! Michele

    ReplyDelete