Tuesday, April 15, 2008

tagged

Brandi (Michelle's amazing preschool teacher tagged me. So here I go.

Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves
B.At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people then post their name; then goes to their blogs, leaves them a comment letting them know they have been tagged and invites them to read your blog.

6 things about me:
1. I read constantly. I finish, on average, one or two books a week. I used to read mostly children's/young adult chapter books. Now I read a lot of adult fiction as well as some biographies and other stuff mixed in. (Plus, a ton of children's picture books between reading to my third grade students and Michelle and Ella). I love mysteries/suspense. I also like novels set in other countries. But really, I read a wide range of stuff. I get up a half hour early every morning to read, I listen to books on CD while I drive to/from work, I read in snatches here and there each night. Often I'll have 2 or more books going at the same time.

2. I went to BYU and was in Hinckley Hall my freshman year. Then next year, six of us moved into an apartment together. We've stayed good friends. We have a myfamily website where eight of us from Hinckley Hall (+1 adopted Hinckley Hall girl... she actually joined our group the next year in an apartment and never lived in Hinckley, but she's one of us) still chat/post on a regular basis.

3. My husband is from Costa Rica. His immediate family (mom, 2 brothers and 2 sisters) all still live there. (His dad died when he was 11.) Alfredo and I have been married for almost 7 years, and I have never met his immediate family. Every summer we plan to go, but every summer something has come up (babies born, Ella's heart problem, etc.)... Maybe next year???

4. When I moved to Utah (from Arizona) to go to college, I had never seen snow fall (now I"ve seen too much!!!!) and I had only been to Arizona, Utah, and California. I took a trip after my freshman year that doubled the number of states I'd traveled to: Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Since I started college, I've been to about 10 additional states, 9 countries in Europe and to Korea. I wish I could travel even more, although I'm quite content to live here in the US... right here in Utah.

5. I come from a family of 3 girls, and now I'm raising a family with (soon to be) three girls. I am the oldest in my family. My sister Rebecca (2 years younger) has a son Evan (born 4 months before Michelle), a daughter Sarah (born 2 months after Ella) and a daughter due two months before my baby. So soon we will each have 3 kids, and they are four months or less apart.

6. Once when I was little, my sister and I decided we wanted candy. I believe it was the middle of summer. So we put on some costumes and went trick or treating to our neighbor's houses. Some neighbors didn't have any candy to give us (after all it was nowhere near Halloween) but a few did and we got enough to satisfy our sweet tooth. I think my mom was mortified when she found out.

There... a few things about me.

I tag.... Aly, April, Carin, Monica, Jill, and hmmm... I'll have to think of a sixth person

4 comments:

  1. doh....okay, but give me a couple of days to publish my tag....just a random 6 things eh? Would be easier if you had more specific questions or something...okay..i will think of something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I did it!! I just posted it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got mine done. Thanks Jenny for passing on the love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love reading more about you! And I just love the story of you and your sister trick or treating. Too funny!
    Also, thanks for the list of books to read next. I LOVE to read and have to have one going all the time, but, I usualy only read 1 about every 3 weeks :( (in other words, the list may take me awhile)
    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete