Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa



My mom and her sister/my aunt Elaine



Gabrielle with Grandma Barbara


Gabrielle with Grandpa Mike





Gabrielle loves "flying" and squeals in delight as Grandma swings her through the air.



Michelle and Ella both had a great time dancing on Grandma's feet. They would climb on and she would dance around singing, "You can have her. I don't want her. She's too fat for me. She's too fat. She's too fat. She's too fat for me." OR "You can't have her. I do want her. She's just right for me. She's just right. She's just right. She's just right for me."




Making sugar cookies with Grandma



the girls
Sadly, due to the huge snowstorms, my sister Rebecca and her family did not get to come down. (They were going to be driving from Canada and many roads were closed and driving conditions were very, very poor. Not worth risking it, especially with 3 young kids.) So my other sister Suzy also decided not to come. They will all come sometimes this summer when road conditions are not so hazardous. We missed them, but I'm sure it was a wise decision. But my mom and stepdad did come. We had a wonderful visit with them. My girls love their grandparents. I wish we lived closer and could visit more often (we usually see them 2 or 3 times a year for a few days), but we love the visits we do get.

3 comments:

  1. Everyone looks so happy! Too bad about your other sisters...Hope it does work out for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.... you look so much like your mom! Younger version, of course, but just like her! WOW! Anyway... looks like you had a great time with the part of your family who DID make it!

    ReplyDelete