Saturday, December 13, 2008

letters to Santa

These pictures have nothing to do with the post but are cute photos of my girls.










Today we ran a bunch of errands. We decided to have dinner at the mall because the meal I had planned would take an hour or longer to bake and it was already almost 5. We walked in through Macy's and they had a little table with postcards for Santa. You wrote the postcard and put it in a mailbox right there in the store. They mail the letter and donate money to a cause for each letter sent (which one has slipped my mind at the moment.) So my girls both wanted to write letters. I wish I had my camera with me to take a picture of their letters. I wrote Ella's for her although she wrote her name by herself (a skill she has acquired in the past 2 or 3 weeks) and she wrote "leapfrog" with me spelling it to her. Not bad for 3 years old. Michelle wrote the first half of her letter and then got tired and asked me to write the rest. She asked me to help her sound out some of the words (just say the sounds... she then knew the letters) but she wrote this on her own: "I want a dress with betterflies (butterflies) and a bo (bow). I want a skirt and a shirt." Her writing is adorable. I wish I had a camera to remember this letter.

2 comments:

  1. CUTE new blog layout! ANd those letters sound SO sweet! Which mall did you go to???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valley Fair... but I bet any Macy's is doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete