Monday, December 8, 2008

holiday fun (so far)


Finally, I am getting into the holiday spirit. We decorated our house the day after Thanksgiving, but that didn't really get me into the spirit somehow. But this weekend it finally came. On Saturday we went to Zoo lights and on Sunday we decorated gingerbread houses. I bought two gingerbread house kits (2 different ones) and Alfredo helped Ella and I helped Michelle. We should have done it the other way around. Alfredo is much more skilled at creating gingerbread houses than I am and Michelle is much more particular about how hers looks. She kept saying, "Do it like Daddy. Daddy's is better." And Alfredo wanted Ella to put her candies on perfectly when she just wanted to plop them all over. So from now on, Ella and I do projects like this together and Michelle and Alfredo. But we had fun.


Zoolights was amazing! We've never been before. Alfredo stayed home with Gabrielle and I took Michelle and Ella. It was cold, but not too bad. We dressed warmly and we really stayed fairly comfortable. The girls rode the carousel and we loved all the lights. Most of the animals were asleep although a leopard was out pacing around and so were the mountain lions. We also saw the monkeys and penguins and a couple of other animals. But most had gone to bed.



Michelle's house (with help from me)




Alfredo's house (with help from Ella)



6 comments:

  1. I think they turned out well!
    I have been curious about Zoolights. It sounds like maybe we should go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! And you just won coolest mother of the year award from me! Your girls are all decked out in their gorgeous church dresses DECORATING GINGERBREAD HOUSES!!! I tell myself everyday that I need to be calmer, I need to be more like you:) You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT a fun family project! When Mike's parents still lived here, we did this a couple years in a row and it was a BLAST!!!!! I'm glad you guys went to Zoolights! It is SUPER cool, huh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoolights was cool.

    And Aly, half way through decorating the gingerbread houses, I looked at my kids in their dresses and thought, "What was I thinking?" But these were last year's Christmas dresses (they still fit...but barely on Ella) and Michelle has worn hers all year long. So they've gotten lots of wear. I really didn't notice/think about it until we were about half way done. (So I don't know if that makes me cool or just oblivious.) We do (usually) wear our church clothes all day on Sunday... it helps us remember that it is Sunday. Although that doesn't apply to Alfredo. He's out of his church clothes within a minute of walking in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Alfredo! I cannot wear church clothes OR work clothes more than 5 minutes after entering my house! Comfort is my ultimate goal any day of the week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't find (most) church clothes uncomfortable...other than the nylons which do come off immediately when I wear them.

    ReplyDelete