Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Any other memories?

I'd love other people to post memories on the Memory Lane tag... even if you don't want to do the tag on your own site or you don't have a blog... Scroll down to the bottom and post a memory you have with me (or with my kids... I'll accept those too! :))

Also, if you never made a guess about when little baby Panameno will come, check out the expect net link on the side. I'll close the voting in a week and maybe I'll give a prize to the lucky winner... but no fair changing your guess if you already guessed! :)

Went to the doctor today... everything continues to look good. Starting to dilate (1 1/2) and about 75% effaced. I'm probably the only pregnant person alive who is hoping that my baby DOESN'T come early. I've got 5 weeks of lesson plans left to write. (the first week is about 20 pages long, and the second week will probably be another 10 pages... but the following 4 weeks will be pretty easy and quick). Wish me luck! At least my house is pretty much ready and I have 20 meals frozen for when the baby comes.

6 comments:

  1. Can I help you with anything, Jenny? Do you need me to keep the girls while you go into work for a couple half days or something? Wish I could write those lesson plans for ya! ;) You are dilating pretty quickly. Last week you were only 50% effaced. Let me know. I have nothing going on today OR tomorrow OR Monday! Sticking close to home. I work Tuesday and my sis will be here Wednesday! Anyway, LET ME KNOW K!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are already dilating! I am still completely closed. But if you didn't already hear, I am having a c-section on Monday. Good luck with getting everything done before she gets here! Have you decided on a name??

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 meals! That's great.
    I hopw your baby doesn't come early either. It would be best to have her right on time. Then you can get everything done, and she's not too little either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! You are getting sooo close!!! And I second Shannon, I would LOVE to have the girls come and play so that you can get things ready!!! I am available pretty much everyday next week!!! Want to go ahead and just plan on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shannon and Aly! Alfredo's off on Monday, so I'm planning to go in most of the day Monday. Then I'm planning to work the whole following week (but I get paid extra to do so) if I haven't had the baby. Plus, I'm planning to do some work this weekend here at home. I'll call you tomorrow if I need a short break.

    Aly: I'll call on Monday if I think I need some more time on Tuesday to work. If so, maybe the girls could come play for a couple hours on Tuesday? Or if I don't need to work, maybe I'll call and we can get together anyway.

    Amy: I'm so excited for you!

    I'm really not too worried about me dilating already. I didn't at all with Michelle but with Ella, I was dilating at about the same rate and delivered her the day after her due date. I figure August 5-8 would be good. I think, for me, that there really is an element of mind over matter. With both of my girls, I decided to work right up until my due date and then they came right away (within a couple of days...Ella on my last day of work) after I was done. So since my mind is set on it being August 5 or so, I think it probably won't happen until then. But I'm trying to get things done sooner, just in case.

    Funny, I had book club at my house tonight and Jackie had said to call her if I had any contractions and she'd bring her gloves. :) Well, this morning I woke up feeling really nauseated and crampy. That's how I felt right before going into labor with Ella. I honestly said a prayer, saying I could NOT have my baby today. And obviously I didn't! Soon the nausea and crampiness went away and I'm good now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tuesday is good too:) Just let me know -K-!!!!

    ReplyDelete