Saturday, July 12, 2008

old friends

Alfredo and I met shortly before he joined the church. A mutual friend, Conrad, introduced Alfredo to the church and got him to attend the singles branch where Conrad and I attended. Alfredo and I got married a couple of years later. Well, Conrad got married today. We attended his reception this evening. It was so fun. It was great to see Conrad (finally) married and so happy! And it was so fun to see so many old friends. Our branch president and his wife were there. And then a bunch of friends, most of whom are now married with kids. It was fun to catch up and see what everyone has been up to.

I don't think anyone from the singles branch reads this blog, so this won't mean anything to anyone but me, but I want to record it for my memory's sake.
Heidi (Conrad's sister) has 3 boys and had been living in Arizona, but she's now living in Eagle Mountain. She looks great. She has always been beautiful, and she still is.

Charlene has three kids. A little boy who is four. A girl who is about to turn three (she and Ella hit it off) and a baby boy that is just a few months old. Very cute kids. And Charlene lives right behind Hunter High seminary... so close to us. Can't believe we haven't run into each other. Her hair is short now, and she looks so cute.

Milena Casper was there. Charlie is just finishing up school in Wisconsin and they'll be moving back to Utah in August. They have two boys. Milena is from Brazil, but she speaks English so clearly now. It was great to see her. Alfredo and I had just been talking about her and Charlie a week or so ago and wondering how they were.

Ryan Harris was there. He's still single. Jason Stout came. Still single but dating someone, of course. Steve Ellis and his wife were there. They have a three year old boy and 10 month old twin boys. Their boys all have red hair. I held one of them for a bit. They are so cute. Immanuel was there with his wife.

I guess we just missed Arlen. He left shortly before we arrived. I was surprised that Annalisa wasn't there. And I wish Kathy had been. Other than that, we saw many of our close friends. It's too bad in a way that we haven't stayed closer to some of them. But most of us have gotten married, moved (most of us not too far, though), had children, etc. It's hard sometimes as your life changes to keep in touch with friends. And while I know it will be quite some time before I see most of them again, it was really nice to see them tonight.

1 comment:

  1. That's neat that you guys have stayed in contact with him. Congrats Conrad and new wife!

    ReplyDelete