Monday, August 10, 2009

Breakfast--Proud Mommy Moment

This week's Proud Mommy Moment is a pretty simple one. It used to be that I got up and got myself ready for work, ate breakfast and then about 10 minutes before we needed to leave, I woke my kids, threw clothes on them and if they were lucky gave them cereal. If not, they ate at their babysitter's. But then, last year, Michelle started kindergarten. It became important for her to eat a good breakfast. And Alfredo's job changed so he is now home until about 7:30 instead of leaving at 5. So since last August, I have been cooking a hot breakfast nearly every morning. Most often it is pancakes, because that is everyone's favorite. Sometimes Michelle will eat 3 or more. And Gabby loves them too. Even Alfredo and Ella enjoy them.


But I also make oatmeal, waffles, french toast, eggs, cinnamon rolls (So okay that one's not very healthy!), bacon and on rare mornings I even cut up fruit to go with breakfast...cantaloupe or strawberries.
Getting myself and 3 kids ready for work and school and babysitter's isn't always easy, and there are ocassionally mornings that we resort to cold cereal or toast, but it is the exception not the rule now. I feel better when I eat a good breakfast, and I think everyone else does too. So it's worth getting up a little earlier (and also being a little more organized the night before...) to begin the day right.

If you have a proud mommy moment you want to share, something big or small that you've done right, visit Shannon's website to get more details and post a link to your blog. Can't wait to read what others are doing!

3 comments:

  1. Ummm.... can we stop by in the morning to eat with you? THAT IS AMAZING!
    There is NO WAY I could do that... I mean... even if I tried! GOOD FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Really! I pretty much NEVER make breakfast for my family...unless it's for dinner. I think it's mostly out of laziness...I really enjoy my sleep, and I do my best work at night. Another reason I don't is that I'm not a super huge fan of cooking...especially cooking alone- so I feel like one mean a day is all my family gets from me.
    So- Holy cow!! You Go Girl!!!! I think that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's impressive! Even eating dry cereal on the WAY to the babysitters would be impressive getting all the kids ready in time. I rarely leave the house just for that reason alone so stop making the stay at home moms look bad. :) It'll be fun to catch up on your blog now and see what you guys have been up to. I sent you an email to mine but wasn't sure if I remembered your address right so please try to leave a comment on my blog if you got it okay if you can (and to make sure I didn't send it to the wrong person).

    ReplyDelete