Monday, August 3, 2009

Proud Mommy Monday

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple, 8 years ago today. Alfredo and I went out together on Friday to celebrate, and then tonight Alfredo took us all (girls and I) out to dinner tonight. While there, Michelle said, "So Mommy is this Daddy's congratulations too?" Since Alfredo had told the girls to tell me congratulations when I got home, she mixed up the words. Cute, huh?!

Anyway, I chose this for my Proud Mommy Monday, because I think having a happy marriage is one of the things we are doing right for our kids.

A leader in our church said, "The nicest gift a father can give to his children is to love their mother and be true to her. Conversely, the nicest gift that a mother can give her children is to love their father and be true to him. Why is this such a nice gift? Well, basically, it assures the children that they will never have to choose between their parents."
quoted from Hartman Rector Jr., “The Resurrection,” Ensign, Nov 1990, 76

There have been times when being married has been challenging. Alfredo and I have different personalities, different cultures, and different upbringings. It has taken work to learn how to communicate and to work together. But I think we have grown stronger and closer through the years. And we now have these three amazing, beautiful children and a wonderful life. Here are some assorted shots taken over the past 8 years.

Our family photo, taken by KeliB.
Us, taken by Michelle today
The rest are photos of photos or scrapbook pages, so they aren't the highest quality. Our wedding day.
Right after Michelle was born.
Definitely having Ella go through open heart surgery brought us all closer together and closer to the Lord.
Alfredo and I at Vegas Temple in January 08. Our family visiting Alfredo's cousin's family in Vegas in January 2008.
Our family visiting Alfredo's cousin's family in Vegas in January 2008.


Do you have a Proud Mommy Moment? Go to Shannon's blog and add your link. It is good to celebrate what we are doing right as mom's!

4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AWESOME, Jenny! What a perfect proud mommy moment! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, too, btw!!! :) Great pics... look at you on your wedding day... *whistles* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was so thin back then... oh well, I have 3 beautiful girls instead of a size 4 body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is definitely one of the BEST things we can do for our posterity.... Show love for our spouses!How else are they going to know what a good relationship looks like! I think it's so important to show affection to my husband! :)
    Great post! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jenny! You're right- a happy marriage is a huge accomplishment! Tell Alfredo I say "hi and congrats" too!

    ReplyDelete