Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just like her dad

(Photo taken by KeliB.

I think that Michelle is going to be so much like her dad. Like the way she wants everything neat and organized. She often tells me, "You should do it this way." Or "When I grow up, I'll have all my things so organized." She loves to help me clean and often points out the ways that I'm not organized.

She also likes to exercise. I hate it... I try to do it, but the only exercise that I can say I find at all enjoyable is yoga. She likes to exercise like her daddy.

And her newest way she is like her dad? She LOVES to scare me. She likes to jump out from behind doors or sneak up on me. Most of the time, I hear her coming and she doesn't actually scare me (although I often act like she did). But on Sunday, she got me good. I had decided to rest for a bit. I was lying down on my bed and had just dozed off when all the sudden Michelle yelled "Boo" right next to my head. I jumped clear out of my bed it scared me so badly.

Alfredo loves to startle me. He doesn't really scare me too badly anymore. I nearly killed him one time that he did. We had been married less than a year and were living in an apartment. The bathroom was in the bedroom, and the bedroom also had a walk-in closet. Alfredo was gone running some errands, and I went into the bathroom to take a shower. I thought I heard him come home, but I called out to him and he didn't respond and I didn't hear anything else, so I figured I must have been wrong. I got out of the shower and wrapped up and started to walk into our bedroom. From behind me, from the closet, I heard this snarling noise. I jumped. I was so scared that I started to cry and shake. It was Alfredo, of course. He hadn't turned the lights on in the bedroom and decided to hide in the closet to startle me. Only it worked a little better than he had planned. I don't think I've ever been more scared/startled in my life. He has never scared me that badly since.

But one of these days, Michelle just might....

7 comments:

  1. That's just plain MEAN ... funny, but MEAN!! I get frightened so easily. I hope that my kids don't pick up on it, I could be in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a scaredy cat - noises, creeks, everything SCARES me to death! In fact... I usually have to have someone come stay with me and the kids when Mike goes to his annual conference in Vegas... I'm horrible! I would DIE if Mike did that to me... I think he knows it though... actually he might think I'd REALLY kill him! LOL! I wonder who will come stay with us this November???

    I could trade you... Michelle for Xaria... LOL! No matter how hard that girl tries, she is just a messy one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a silly! My oldest is a fan of startling people! She's notorious for creeping silently down the hallway and pounding on the bathroom door when you are doing your business! There's not a lot you can do at that moment when your pants are around your ankles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck has introduced the kids to this as well!! I don't think that I will ever forgive him for teaching them the old "cold glass of water over the top of the shower curtian" trick...UGH, makes for quick and very jumpy showers!

    P.S. I enjoyed catching up on all of your posts that I missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is funny. (And that is such a beautiful picture of Michelle). Sadie and I are having a scaring contest. We are a week into it, and right now the score is 3-0 in my favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aly, please don't let Michelle in on the cold water over the shower trick...so far that has never happened in our house...probably because Alfredo doesn't even like the bathroom door opened when he's in the shower...the air is too cool...

    Go Sara! Hope you are victorious. Alfredo got me tonight. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw- I love that girl!

    (Everytime we visit your blog, the kids beg me to play the Alvin and the chipmunks song over and over! :) )

    ReplyDelete