Thursday, September 10, 2020

Car Accident Warned

 After my freshman year of college I came home for the summer to work.  When the summer was drawing to a close, I had several errands I needed to run before I headed back to BYU.  On the day of my flight, I had run one errand and was on my way to another errand.  The thought/feeling came that I should go home and then do the last errand later that day.  But I was already in the car, and it made so much more sense to just continue on my way to the last errand at the mall.  The thought came again that I should go home first.  But I persuaded myself that once I got home, I wouldn't want to leave again and that it was wiser to just complete the errand.  But this uneasy feeling persisted.  As I drove toward the mall, I was approaching the intersection and had a green light.  Suddenly, a car turned left just in front of me.  I slammed on the breaks and swerved a bit, hoping to miss the car but there wasn't time and I hit the car.  I wasn't at fault, but the car was totalled.  I was fine and so was the other driver, fortunately.  But I learned my lesson.   The spirit had tried to warn me and I hadn't listened.  I could have avoided totally my family's car if I'd listened and obeyed.  I've tried to be much more cautious about listening to the warnings of the spirit since that time.


LESSONS LEARNED:  Listen to the voice of the spirit.  If you have a feeling you shouldn't do something, don't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment