Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Internet Teaching Prayer

Yesterday was the beginning of the third week of school.  We're beginning to settle into a routine and things are getting easier though I still feel like remote teaching is far from ideal and doesn't truly meet the needs of most children.  We did our morning work and math.  There was a short recess and then we met back on Zoom for writing and reading.  Things were cruising along and the day was going well.


Then in the middle of reading a story to the class, I was suddenly kicked out of Zoom.  That's happened before so I just immediately tried to hop back on...but it said I didn't have internet.  I tried to connect...no luck.  So I grabbed my phone, used data and got onto Zoom on my phone.  Which works but isn't ideal because I can't do nearly as many things on my phone as I can on a tablet or desktop or laptop.  I fnished up the reading lesson, had the students log on to an app called Lexia for the last 15 minutes before lunch and went downstairs to unplug the modem and try to get the internet working.  I spent most of my lunch hoping the internet would work.  When it wasn't working about 10 minutes before lunch would end, I tried calling Sara to see if I could work from her house for 30 minutes until my class went to PE and then come home and try to figure the internet out.  She didn't answer.  By this point, I was frustrated but also hopeful.  I'd been praying for help and prayed that my internet would start functioning before lunch ended.  And two minutes before lunch ended, the internet began functioning and the rest of the day went smoothly.  I said a brief prayer of gratitude then and a couple more later.  I'm so grateful that  Heavenly Father heard my sincere (but slightly panicked) prayer and answered it.  He truly is involved in the details of our lives.


Also Sara texted a while later, said she noticed she missed my phone call (and I almost never call) so she wanted to make sure I was okay.  I told her what happened and said if I ever need to come over to teach, I'm always welcome and she gave me her garage code in case they aren't there.  How I love her!


LESSONS LEARNED:  God hears and answers prayers.  

True friends are invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment