Friday, September 25, 2020

Halee Wedding Noticing

 Today was Halee Harding's wedding. It was so beautiful.  The weather was perfect.  The ceremony was in her husband's parent's backyard in Bountiful and then the luncheon was at a nearby park.  The wedding reception will be in her aunt Dayna's backyard.  And I was fortunate enough to be able to attend.  That was a beautiful tender mercy because today is a school day but because teachers worked 9 days before school started, there are going to be several days when students do online school but teachers are off.  And the first of those comp days is today.  What a blessing to be able to be there. I absolutely love Halee and I'm so happy for her.  And Sara is my very dearest and best friend and so I was so happy to be invited and to be able to attend.


When I arrived at the wedding, I sat at the back corner.  As soon as Sara saw me, she came over and gave me a big hug and had Chris take our photo.  Her sister Katie also came over and said how nice it was to see me and how much I mean to Sara and her family and how great it is that I support them in so many things.  


I noticed that a few minutes later, one of Sara's sister-in-laws arrived.  She is going through some difficult challenges right now and I watched as Sara went over to her and spoke to her and gave her a hug.  Then drew her up to the front to sit near Sara and next to their in-laws. 

At the luncheon, I was answering some emails from school as I waited for things to start.  I figured once it started, I'd get some food and sit in a corner.  There were so many people I didn't know which can sometimes overwhelm me a bit.  And those I did know well were Sara and her family...and she has a huge family and this was their special day so I wanted to be unobtrusive.   Well, suddenly there was Sara and she "made me" come sit next to her.  And I would have been okay to sit alone or to find one of Sara's kids and sit by them or even to just find someone I didn't know and maybe introduce myself and ask to sit near them.  But it meant a lot to me that Sara had me come sit near her, made me get in line for food with her, etc.  

I just watched Sara throughout the day and watched as she spent time with and made everyone feel noticed and loved.  It was a busy and beautiful day for her, a day when it would be easy to be focused on tasks or focused on her immediate family and yet over and over she ministered to and loved others.  She's a beautiful example to me.


LESSONS LEARNED:  Notice others.  Love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment